Sunday, January 01, 2006

Theoretical FAQ

Who are you?

Hi. I'm Mark Asch. I'm a senior at NYU, majoring in cinema studies. I work at the L Magazine (see the links section if you're curious, or pick one up- it's free), reviewing movies, compiling the "classics, indie, etc." portion of the film listings, and writing the "Cinephile's Notebook" feature on a currently ongoing series/revival/retrospective/what have you.

What is this blog?

This blog will consist almost entirely, I imagine, of me writing about the movies I see. The writing here will be for the most part different from reviews: I imagine I'll use the first person a lot more, for one thing, and write-ups will be less formal, more conversational, and, most importantly from my perspective, not bound to any specific word count. I'll try to write about every movie I see, or at least every movie about which I presume to have something of interest to say.

Why do I care?

There's no earthly reason why you should.

Happy New Year, everyone.

1 Comments:

Blogger audrey said...

q: are you going to see bela tarr's santantango at moma? 8 hours of minimal hungarian film that was the inspiration for gerry?

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home